Lean Management is aligned to the most recognized and benchmarked model of continuous improvement, the Toyota Production System (TPS). Focus of TPS is on delivering greater value to the customer by reducing non-value added activities within processes. Lean is applicable to various industries in the manufacturing and service sectors.
The program will provide a practical lean experience and a deep understanding of lean principles and tools, such as Value Stream Mapping, Manufacturing Work Cells, Pull Systems, Kanban, Kaizen Events, TPM, etc.
- Triggering Lean thinking for cost reduction
- Understanding of 7 wastes
- Familiarising with lean manufacturing techniques
- Understanding of essentials for implementing lean
- Interaction with other practitioners of lean techniques
- Making demonstrative improvement in quality, cost & delivery through a Lean project.
Who Should Participate
HODs / Managers / Sr. Executives from Planning, Operations, Quality, Maintenance, Supply Chain, Logistics etc.
Mr. Vijay Kapoor, Principal Consultant
Vijay Kapoor is B.E. & MBA, with over 34 years of experience in Process, Engineering and Automobile industry. Has been working as Consultant & Trainer for the last 10 years. His core area of specialisation is Industrial engineering, Quality management, Project management, Manufacturing engineering and Product development. A certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Mr Kapoor has mentored 250+ participants and guided over 100 Lean projects. He is on top-trainers panel of leading companies and has held training sessions on Lean Manufacturing, Quality Improvement Tools, Material Handling & Layouts, and Supply Chain Management. He is a Lean Manufacturing Consultant for MSME clusters.
-Lean Management techniques
- -5 S, a place for every thing and every thing in its place
- -Standardization of processes, setting the platform for improvements
- -Value Stream Mapping for highlighting existing wastes
- -Leveling the demand – Takt time for smoother workflow
- -Quick change over for Smaller batches
- -Cellular Layouts
- -Managing operations to reduce inventory
- -Pull – Kanban System, for Just-in-Time
- -Problem Solving, 5 Whys and 1 How
-Steps for implementation
- -Need for Top Management’s Commitment
- -Worker participation for continuous improvement